Quality Masonry Construction Since 1981
- Completed Projects
- Current Projects
- Contact Us
The Loftus Masonry Safety Program is the foundation of our outstanding safety record.
At Loftus Masonry, we are proud of our safety record and our commitment to a culture of safety. Loftus Masonry maintains a highly aggressive safety program that is focused on reducing potential injuries. We recognize that various hazards are inherent in the construction industry, but we believe that through consistent, reasonable and proactive safety practices, accidents are preventable.
Through our continual training and educational programs Loftus Masonry provides our employees with the tools, knowledge and resources they need to increase safety, reduce risk and improve loss control. Safety awareness is an integral component of every project, allowing us to provide the safest and healthiest work environment possible.
OUR ATTITUDE TO SAFETY IS GUIDED BY:
Our Safety Program:
· A proactive safety program with strong management commitment and participation
· A dedicated safety director
· Written safety manual with detailed policies and procedures
· Substance abuse program
· Goals and objectives, and safety-specific work strategies
· Written, enforced safety rules and disciplinary consequences
Our Employee Safety Training
· Formal safety orientation and training for all new employees
· Training in hazard recognition and regulations
· Job-specific training as necessary
· Annual company-wide safety training and review
· Pre-job planning for job site safety
· Weekly on-site "tool box discussions"
· Team approach to keeping workers safe
· Safety reward and recognition program
Our On-site Safety
· Adherence to all Federal, State and Local Safety Regulations
· Analysis of customer's safety needs/requirements during project
· On-site safety inspections by safety director and/or trained superintendents
· Use of approved personal protective equipment
· Modern, safe equipment and procedures
· Mandatory Weekly Tool Box talks
· Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) on-site